Re: explain in tkprof

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:32:49 -0500

Eugene wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am running Oracle 8.1.6.3 on Win NT4 and having a prblem displaying
> explain plan in tkprof.
> set oracle_sid=sid
> tkprof ora00128.trc tk_out.txt sort=exeela,fchela explain=sys/
> pass_at_my_db;
> I am getting an output file just fine, but w/out explain plan.
> File has the fillowing error it:ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve
> service name,
> I can login using same usernam/pass in SQL*Plus however.
>

> Thanks,
> Eugene

Since you specified "@my_db", is my_db defined in your tnsnames.ora config file? My bet is that 1) it is not defined there or 2) your session is not using that tnsnames.ora config file.

If you can log in with SQL*Plus without using "@my_db", then do not specify it with tkprof either. Otherwise, either define this entry in your tnsnames.ora or use the TNS_ADMIN environment variable to point to the directory holding this file.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net