Re: deleted undotbs01.dbf...

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:30:05 -0700

On Aug 1, 8:59 am, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 1 Aug, 14:36, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The tablespace and datafile info is still in the controlfile.
> > Is not going to work.
>
> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> Sybrand,
>
> Do you think an ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE might help?
>
> Just a thought...

Since the only rollback segment available would be the SYSTEM rollback segment I doubt even that would get this database open; it might allow it to mount, however, which may be enough to create a new undotbs1.dbf file.

It's probably worth a try; as I said earlier any port in this storm is better than no port at all.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Aug 01 2007 - 09:30:05 CDT