Re: Upgrading from solaris 9 to solaris 10. Oracle issues????

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 05:48:49 -0700

On Aug 1, 7:24 am, Faraz <sarfarazla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 4:20 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

> > Faraz wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > I have 10.2.0.3 running on Solaris 9 and we are planning to move to
> > > solas 10. Big almost 800G DB, typical OLTP system, little bit write
> > > intensive. I was wondering if any body knows of any issues regarding
> > > this.
> > > Thanks for any help.
>
> > Don't let your SA's use any of the new 10g features they undoubtedly
> > want to implement until they have verified, to your satisfaction, that
> > they are fully supported. Most, like Containers, are not.
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> Thanks Daniel really appreciate the response,
> I will follow your advice, although I was kind of looking for some
> information about changes , like executable changes, re-linking of lib
> or any thing of that type which we need to do after upgrading from
> Solaris 9 to Solaris 10.- Hide quoted text -

I upgraded several Solaris 8 machines to Solaris 10 and the Oracle software ran without relinking as soon as the machines rebooted after installation. I did relink the executables, however, to ensure nothing might have slipped through the cracks with possible shared library changes between the two releases. I would not upgrade any non-  operating system without relinking the Oracle executables.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Aug 01 2007 - 07:48:49 CDT