Re: about find unused users in oracle database

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:41:53 -0500

esthershensh_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> HI,
>
> I'm wondering is there any simple way to find unused oracle users for
> a period of time ? ( which has not logged into the oracle database for
> some period time ).
>
> I found we could enable audit connect or create logon/logoff trigger
> to find those info.
>
> But is there any simple way ( like record login info in oracle
> database somewhere )
>
> Thanks very much for any suggestion on it.

Basically, there are three ways. One, implement auditing to audit CONNECT WHENEVER SUCCESSFUL. Two, create a LOGON trigger to write an entry in a table (this is just implementing your own version of auditing). Three, lock the account and wait until someone starts yelling that they can't access the database. Personally, I would implement the first option. The second option is just implementing something that is natively available and the third option may make your end users mad at you.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net