Re: Recommendations sought for good RAC monitoring tool

From: Avadhani <aravadhani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 01:30:23 -0000

On Jul 31, 4:11 pm, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> Our organization is starting the process to implementing RAC on Oracle
> on Linux. Could somebody suggests a good DBA tool which is best for
> managing RAC, in addition to Oracle's enterprise manager?
>
> Thanks

OEM or Oracle Grid Control is really good tool to monitor. In addition to that if you configure OSWatcher ( Oracle Supplied Shell scripts ) and its GUI available in metalink. OSWatcher does more at OS Level gathering information of I/O RAM and keeps historical info too as specified.
In addition to this if we use AWR or Statspack I dont see any tool can do beyond this.

Regards
Avadhani. Received on Tue Jul 31 2007 - 20:30:23 CDT