some process flooding oracle's .sh_history file

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:02:36 -0700

Platform: Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 on HP-UX B.11.11

This began just recently. While logged on to the sever with the 'oracle' account, I noticed my command line history returning a bunch of stuff I hadn't entered. This is a very small shop, so I have a pretty good feel for when someone else may be logged on, and the commands in the history didn't look like anything any of us would have entered at the command line.

Looking into oracle's .sh_history file, I found scores of entries like this:

2 echo Start Command;LC_ALL=C;export LC_ALL;netstat -i; echo Finish Command
3 echo Start Command; LC_ALL=C;export LC_ALL;/etc/swapinfo -t | grep total;echo Finish Command

( I've left the vi line numbers, to deliniate individual records.)

Looks like something the dbcontrol agent would be doing to gather stats, but if so, I've never seen it show up in the .sh_history file before.

Anyone seen anything like this, or have and educated idea? Received on Tue Jul 31 2007 - 13:02:36 CDT