10g - Column Conversion: Varchar2 to CLOB

From: Craig <Craig_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:02:11 -0400

10g:

Say I have EMPLOYEES table with column Skills as varchar2 I need to convert Skills to NCLOB, this is the "right way" to do it ?

alter table EMPLOYEES add skills_clob nclob ; update EMPLOYEES set skills_clob = skills ; commit;

alter table EMPLOYEES drop column skills; alter table EMPLOYEES rename column skills_clob to skills;

thanks Received on Mon Jul 30 2007 - 16:02:11 CDT