oracle 10g on Linux Red Hat Cluster Suite - a question

From: KCS <KCS_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:26:45 +0200

I'm going to install 10g on a Linux Red Hat Cluster Suite.

I have just read a document from Bryan Thomas "Oracle 10g on Linux Cluster" www.perftuning.com/pdf/white_paper_linux_cluster.pdf A good guide where, Thomas speaks about a two node cluster and suggests to install oracle software on both nodes, beeing sure that the oracle home is set to a local non shared disk.
This is what I've always done on windows for example, but now the linux cluster that we are going to build is an 8 nodes cluster.

In this situation we should install oracle software an all nodes, and if we do not want to use same binary for all instance we should do n times per m nodes.

The question is: may I install the binaries and the homes on the shared disks, wich should make the failover in the group with the instance the virtual ip, ecc. ? (We have looked this kind of installation) Which kind of problems shoud I expect ?
Thank you

KCS Received on Sun Jul 29 2007 - 13:26:45 CDT