Some question about setting up RAC

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 05:00:00 -0700

Dear Group,

I have a few questions about linux(EL 3) when setting up RAC, hope some linux expert here can help me out.

  1. I did /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk VOL1 /dev/sdb1 then oracleasm listdisk only gives me VOL1, how do I know this VOL1 is associated with /dev/sdb1?

2)how do i know whether
raw /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/sdc1 been run or not?

in another words, can I get a list of raw device that has already been bonded?

I got some errors during the CRS install, and how do I make sure the raw device has been binded to the partition for Cluster registery or voting disk, so I can rule out one possibility of mistake?

Thanks very much for your help. Received on Sun Jul 29 2007 - 07:00:00 CDT