Re: v$sql - when information is updated

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:52:03 -0700

Connor McDonald wrote:
> zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>> If I am running a sql statement which takes long time (several
>> miutes). Will information in v$Sql  (such as elapsed_time, cpu_time,
>> rows_processed ....updated as statement is executed or information is
>> updated only after statement has been executed completely.

> varies by version.
>
> if memory serves, v9 and below - at completion. v10 and above - every 3
> seconds.

Good memory:

SELECT sample_time
FROM gv$active_session_history
ORDER BY 1; SAMPLE_TIME

28-JUL-07 07.26.03.281 AM
28-JUL-07 07.26.06.281 AM
28-JUL-07 07.26.09.281 AM
28-JUL-07 07.44.01.359 AM
28-JUL-07 07.46.47.438 AM
28-JUL-07 07.46.50.438 AM
28-JUL-07 07.46.53.438 AM
28-JUL-07 07.46.56.438 AM
28-JUL-07 07.46.59.439 AM

9777 rows selected.

SQL> Though as you can see sometimes there are gaps.

Well this is a Beta so maybe there's some debug code in there.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington