Re: Create or Replace Package

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:10:41 +0200

Ed_Zep schrieb:
> On Jul 26, 10:17 am, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_arcor.de> wrote:

>> Ed_Zep schrieb:
>>
>>> I've noticed that running the SQL in SQLPlus on the database host will
>>> change the LAST_DDL_TIME in the DBA_OBJECTS and will not give an
>>> error. It'll say "Package Body Created" but the actual PL/SQL in the
>>> spec and body has not changed.
>> Could you explain, why do you think, the actual package/package body was
>> not changed?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Maxim

> Hi Maxim,
>
> that's what I'm asking. :) Other than having people on the system and
> it being a contention issue, I have no idea.
>
> Anyone?

My impression was - you are asking, why it happens and take for granted, that running a script via sqlplus don't actually change the existing package/package body. I have some doubts, that the behaviour which you describe, take place, so was my question - why do you think ( or, rephrased - how can you prove, that the package/body are unchanged after you run your script in sqlplus).
If you could provide a working testcase for such claim, i would say, it is definitely an oracle bug and anyway, i never seen this - but at the moment we are far away from this suspiction.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jul 26 2007 - 06:10:41 CDT