Create or Replace Package

From: Ed_Zep <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:11:43 -0700

We're on 9.2.0.8 + CPUApr2007, Red Hat Linux AS 4.

Occasionally our system requires new PL/SQL packages to be upgraded with CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE/PACKAGE BODY.

I've noticed that running the SQL in SQLPlus on the database host will change the LAST_DDL_TIME in the DBA_OBJECTS and will not give an error. It'll say "Package Body Created" but the actual PL/SQL in the spec and body has not changed.

On a copy of the same database with no one else connected it seems to work fine.

This has only happened in recent weeks. I'm wondering if it's related to 9.2.0.8.

I managed to get the new packages on there by waiting till most people had logged out and manually loading the PL/SQL into TOAD.

Anyone come across this?

Thanks, Ed. Received on Thu Jul 26 2007 - 04:11:43 CDT