ServerSide connection

From: <sparekh00_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:36:03 -0700

Hi,

I have a 2 DB instances running on the same machine and I am encountering a problem with the serverside connection in the 2nd instance when the Java Stored Procedure is invoked via PL/SQL. It seems that the JSP is hanging at the point of executing a query. My suspicion is that the contents of the connection object is pointing to the first instance and therefore it is hanging when trying to execute the query. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how was it solved?

Also, here is some additional information regarding my issue. The Java stored procedure that runs in the database uses the Server-side driver to access the SQL engine. This Server driver is intrinsically tied to the 9.2 database and to the JVM. The driver runs as part of the same process as the database and within the default session (this is the same session in which the JVM was invoked). The entire JVM operates in the same address space as the database and the SQL engine. I have tried making the connection using both the defaultConnection() method of the
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleServerDriver and the DriverManager.getConnection() method. Both seem to return the connection object of the 1st instance while the JSP is executing in the 2nd instance.

I would appreciate any feedback on a way to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Sanjay Received on Tue Jul 24 2007 - 10:36:03 CDT