Re: oracle server for learning purposes?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:19:05 -0000

On Jul 22, 5:43 pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> sachin..._at_gmail.com wrote in news:1185119330.674797.302820
> @z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hello all,
>
> > I am a new student of Oracle DB. I want to know, if there are some
> > running oracle servers which we can use for study puropse, to
> > understand oracle and SQL queries?
>
> > if this is possible, please let me know
>
> http://otn.oracle.com
> You can download & install on any system you desire.

Not strictly true, the only db product that you can legally download for this purpose is in fact the XE product (with the single process/ 4gb ram etc restriction). The rest are licensed only for prototype development - see my blog at http://www.orawin.info/services/node/37 and indeed the license.

I personally think this is unfortunate, but there you go.

Niall Received on Sun Jul 22 2007 - 15:19:05 CDT