Re: continuation...

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:01:12 GMT

>>> Mark and Willie may, and Larry likely does, but I could care less just
>>> so long as you comply with both the spirit and the letter of the law.
>>>

>> Hmmm, I never know they are the standard of morality. So is it the law or
>> morality? You can't seem to make up your mind.
>
> Are you being intentionally obtuse or are you really as incapable of
> following a straight line as it appears?

Hmmm, who is incapable of that, I wonder.

> The law is the law. Product capabilities make compliance possible.
>
> The dog wags the tail ... not the other way around.
>
> Come back with another transformation of this simple logic and I'll
> killfile the thread.

The logic is very simple indeed. It is not about whether to be compliant with the law. It is about whether 10g is necessary to be compliant.

>> Which new feature in the latest version I can't do without? That has been
>> the question all along.
>
> No it hasn't. You've never once asked that question. So:

It has always been about this question. What else could it be? Please read the thread again.

> RTFM.
>
> Go to OTN and look up "compliance."
>
> I don't like to waste time on people who are intentionally sarcastic
> and antagonistic.

Wow, talking about antagonistic.

>>> Oracle is putting these features into the product so that they can sell
>>> a product that makes compliance possible. If the there was not a
>>> compelling reason to buy those features, and they were put in anyway, I
>>> doubt Safra would look kindly upon those who spent their time and money
>>> unwisely.
>>
>> Name one.
>
> Audit Vault

Finally we are getting to the point. Audit Vault is an auditing tool provided by Oracle. It is not a necessity for compliance.

BTW, you have been selectively cutting out part of my comments in your replies. With tatics like that you are in no position to talk about morality and the law. Received on Sat Jul 21 2007 - 13:01:12 CDT