Database performance while choosing no of tables

From: Harsh_forC <sriharsha.sripada_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:18:48 -0700

Hi,

I have got 3 subjects namely Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I have multiple choice questions in each subject.

I want to create columns 6 columns namely Question, Choice 1, Choice 2, Choice 3, Choice 4 and Answer.
But each subject has got the same table structure( same columns).

Now what should I do?

Should I maintain one large table inserting all questions into it having a distinction
for each subject( by adding another column which relates question to subject) ??

Or should I maintain 3 tables for each subject, each table having 6 columns?

Will the performance increase if I maintain 3 tables instead of 1 large table?
Or it has got the same effect?

What if I got many subjects, say 100?

Please someone solve my problem!

Thanks Received on Sat Jul 21 2007 - 11:18:48 CDT