Insert Time only in field DATE

From: ًًWaleed Harbi <waleed.harbi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 05:37:40 -0000

Hello All,

I am trying insert time only in field with data type DATE, but it does not work with me as i want and this is what i did as example:

insert into my_table (my_col_date) values (to_date('12:00:00','hh:mi:ss'));

When i did this statement oracle save the date for the system without time.

What is the solution to insert time alone in oracle field? Do you have another data type for time?
How I can calculate or compare two field of time? i.e 12:00 + 12:30 OR 12:30 - 12:30

Your advices please.

Yours,
Waleed Received on Sat Jul 21 2007 - 00:37:40 CDT