sequences, Ole and "invalid table name"

From: <codefragment_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:48:29 -0700

Hi
  I've got a OleDb connection to oracle over which I can send any random SQL commands quite
happily. The exception seems to be sequence commands. If I try this:

select SEQUENCENAME.nextval from dual;

I get "invalid table name" as a response

Any Ideas? Please?

p.s. Any emacs users here? If I use ed <scriptname> can I make that script be created in the same place each time, seems to be created in the last directory I had a file open. I can probably figure this out but if you happen to know... Received on Fri Jul 20 2007 - 14:48:29 CDT