Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:31:34 -0700

Noons wrote:
> On Jul 19, 12:35 pm, Mark Townsend <markbtowns..._at_sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:

>>> Nuno gave me bug 5092688.8

>> I don't think this is what Nuno is talking about

> Let me see, Mark: I provide the bug
> number to Jonathan and "this is not what
> I'm talking about"? Are you even
> READING?

Yes.

You claimed that "Oracle continues to deliver new releases without fixing first what are absolutely egregious bugs."

You also stated that the database (?) "fails consistently for nearly 7 years and the "dedicated" folks do preciously NOTHING to fix problems that have seen three major releases without a permanent fix"

This concerns me. I asked you for some pointers to such problems so I could investigate them.

You told me offline to go pound sand.

However, based on a posting on your blog, Jonathan offered 5092688.8 as a potential example. You seemed to indicate that this was a correct example.

However when I looked at the specific problem, it has been fixed within 7 days of it being reported, it was fixed before 11g, it was not 7 years old, and it has not been outstanding for three active releases.

Nuno - you have our attention. I would love to have concrete examples of

   what you are reporting in the forum. I can then assure you that any such examples will be actively reviewed at the highest levels in development.

But you need to throw me a bone - give me a list of specific SRs or Bugs that you think are indicative. I would love to remove as much as the invective from this conversation as possible to get to a description of a problem that is actionable. Received on Fri Jul 20 2007 - 09:31:34 CDT