Re: bbed utility password

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:24:34 -0700

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:

> So if you want to wreck your own database, I won't provide you the
> means to do so, and I won't help you out.

>> If he wishes to destroy a db to which he has access, then
>> that's his business - no? And if not, then why not?
>>

> See the preceding paragraph. Generally speaking I don't want to be
> responsible someone being kicked out, as a result of my advice.
> In this particular case I would love to see the OP to wreck his
> database and be unable to recover, but that is because of the attitude
> the OP has displayed here before, pretending to know everything way
> better than everyone else.

I'm in agreement. The person that wrote that is a textbook case of someone that needs to take a class in ethics.

The same irresponsible logic could be used to justify giving RPGs to 18 year olds. If the person had any valid reason for using the tool Oracle support would have given it to him.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington