Check constraint for hexadecimal values

From: <red_valsen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:02:56 -0700

I've attempted to create a check constraint on a column which will contain up to 8 individual hexadecimal values (e.g., "FF1C3D0A", etc.) like so:

create table bla(
.
.

column hexvalue char(8)
check (hexvalue in ('a-f''A-F''0-9')),
.
.

)

The requirements for check constraints are rather severe, so I'm beginning to doubt that I can do this. Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 17:02:56 CDT