file permission problem - 10g client on solaris

From: Susan <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:44:47 -0000

So I installed a 10.2.0.1.0 64-bit client on a Solaris 10 machine using downloaded file 10gr2_client_sol.cpio.gz. After the installation, to my surprise all directories and files under $ORACLE_HOME are not readable and executable by group and other. So other user won't even be able to use sqlplus or get into any of the directory under $ORACLE_HOME. Yes I can do a chmod -R, but I am wondering is this normal? I've installed 10.2.0.1.0 64bit RDBMS software many times and majority of the directories/files are readable by other users. Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 13:44:47 CDT