Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:16:16 -0700

Noons wrote:
> On Jul 18, 4:21 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

>> Not my homework.
>> Not my issue.
>> Your issue.

> Believe me: it ain't our issue.
> It's Oracle's.

Well if Oracle doesn't have an issue
And I don't have an issue
And you don't have an issue

Who's got the champagne.

>> I offered to help you by championing your issue. It is you, not me,
>> that brought it up. So which is it?
>>
>> 1. Mark was right about the whining?

> If customers - note the plural - complaining
> about bugs still not fixed after YEARS of neglect
> is now called "whining", then so be it.

It is when they are asked to provide an example and then claim it is someone else's issue. At least that's the dictionary definition of whining.

>> 2. In all sincerity you really don't care that much about the bugs
>>     because they are minor and only nuisance value?

> 1- A table gets updated in the WRONG schema.

So it is an issue for you: Send me a case I can test in 11g.

> 2- A CLOB can't be reliably used in an ASSM tablespace.

So it is an issue for you: Send me a case I can test in 11g.

> 3- A query returns WRONG number of rows or
> just plain WRONG result set, randomly.

So it is an issue for you: Send me a case I can test in 11g.

> All of those are really "minor" problems. Of course!

Yesterday it was my homework ... today it is your issue: What changed?

>> 3. As a fellow Aussie you like giving Mark a bad time?

> Didn't even know he was one. You know: it's
> hard for me to remember every single one
> of the other 20,999,999 Aussies... :-)

Mark is unforgettable. The other 20,999,998 I don't know about.

>> The questions are rhetorical, I'm just giving you a hard time, so
>> don't feel obliged to respond. Going to New Zealand in November and
>> if time permits stopping up your way so perhaps I can apologize for
>> this harangue in person. <g>

> I'll feel personaly slighted if you pop up and we
> don't get a chance to share a few local brews,
> or maybe indulge in a little bit of single malt
> sampling. Might even be able to scrounge
> a few old friends from Oracle as well to share
> in the proceedings!

Single malt sampling ... now you've got my attention. I'll be in touch if my schedule allows me a stop: What city/airport?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington