Installing OCFS on single node

From: <kulkarni.ninad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:39:29 -0700

We have some odd situation over here. We're using a 3rd party tool by EMC to replicate our production environment on to our standby server. The production environment is cluster one but the standby server is not it's single node. I know this sounds something stupid but is there any way on how I install OCFS on this single node. I need this because the I cannot mount those drives since they don't have OCFS installed on them and data we're replicating is in the format of OCFS. I even talked with one of the oracle consultant and asked him this question he said if you install OCFS you'll be fine but now I don't know whether it's gonna workout or not. So if any body can give me steps and details on how to do it I will really appreciate that.

Here is my prodction environment configuration:

Node A:

6 GB RAM
windows server 2003
Oracle EE 9.2.0.7

Node B:

6 GB RAM
windows server 2003
Oracle EE 9.2.0.7

Standby Server:

6 GB RAM
windows server 2003
Oracle EE 9.2.0.7

Thanks, Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 08:39:29 CDT