Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:02:44 -0700

On Jul 18, 4:21 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> Not my homework.
> Not my issue.
> Your issue.

Believe me: it ain't our issue.
It's Oracle's.

> I offered to help you by championing your issue. It is you, not me,
> that brought it up. So which is it?
>
> 1. Mark was right about the whining?

If customers - note the plural - complaining about bugs still not fixed after YEARS of neglect is now called "whining", then so be it.

> 2. In all sincerity you really don't care that much about the bugs
> because they are minor and only nuisance value?

1- A table gets updated in the WRONG schema.
2- A CLOB can't be reliably used in an ASSM tablespace.
3- A query returns WRONG number of rows or
just plain WRONG result set, randomly.

All of those are really "minor" problems. Of course!

Well, they are for me now: I don't design/develop as much as I used to. But it still aggravates me to find that after so many years the darn things are still not fixed!

> 3. As a fellow Aussie you like giving Mark a bad time?

Didn't even know he was one. You know: it's hard for me to remember every single one of the other 20,999,999 Aussies... :-)

> The questions are rhetorical, I'm just giving you a hard time, so
> don't feel obliged to respond. Going to New Zealand in November and
> if time permits stopping up your way so perhaps I can apologize for
> this harangue in person. <g>

I'll feel personaly slighted if you pop up and we don't get a chance to share a few local brews, or maybe indulge in a little bit of single malt sampling. Might even be able to scrounge a few old friends from Oracle as well to share in the proceedings! Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 05:02:44 CDT