Re: oracle query questions

From: Paul Linehan <plinehan__A_at_T__yahoo__D.OT__COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:39:07 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> > Indeed the question from the OP leads me to wonder whether
> > they need Oracle at all, and whether they couldn't learn
> > what they are enquiring about from an Open Source db, which
> > would run on an older machine, not have any licence issues and
> > still have a lot to teach about the basics of db's.

> Lets see Paul:
> Go to http://otn.oracle.com
> click on Download
> click on Database
> get the Enterprise Edition of 10g
> which part of that is too hard for someone intending to learn Oracle?

> Hardly condescending. There is zero value in learning Oracle 8i.

The OP's question was even more basic
than that - learning about queries - AFAICS, it wouldn't matter if it was Oracle 11g or SQLite,

It could be that 8i is all he has access to, and his boss at work won't let him install 10g or anything else for that matter.

It seems to me that some people on this ng are more interested in slagging off people who aren't running the latest version of Oracle than in helping people who, for whatever reason, can't or won't get the latest version.

Paul... Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 02:39:07 CDT