Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:43:20 -0700

Noons wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> That statement was made with respect to RMAN. Please don't spin it out
>> of context to try to make your point.

> that statement has been used and abused by
> Oracle marketing for the last 7 years, Daniel.
> It's not you, it's them and their silly attitude
> that I am against.

Well you won't find me defending marketing until they finally learn the difference between RAC and The Grid.

Every RAC class I teach I have to explain that it has nothing to do with OEM Grid. And every Grid class that it doesn't require RAC. I used to cringe every time I saw their advertisement on CNN. Where they presented a graphical illustration of a cluster and then said "This is the Oracle Grid." <shiver>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington