Sql Tuning Advisor - how does this work?

From: <julie_e_fleming_at_nps.gov>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:11:47 -0700

I have installed Oracle 10g and imported my database and am experimenting with the SQL Tuning Advisor for our package bodies. When Oracle comes up with a better sql process, and you choose to 'Implement'', can someone tell me what actually happens? It does not change the code within the package body correct? It just stores the suggested sql somewhere and runs it when it sees the sql statement that was tuned?

Thanks, I am learning Oracle and can't seem to find the answer to this. Received on Wed Jul 18 2007 - 00:11:47 CDT