QUESTION: Rebuilding default indexes for MVs into different tablespace

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:49:49 -0700

I'm on 10.2.0.3 on Win32.

I have some materialized views which were created without the 'USING INDEX' clause.

The only provision I had put in that clause (for those MVs which were created correctly) was for a separate tablespace for the indexes.

I have located the "I_SNAP$_" indexes for the MVs - specifically, those that are in an incorrect tablespace.

Is there a risk in relocating these indexes to the correct tablespace with a standard 'ALTER INDEX REBUILD' statement?

The only other option I see is to drop and recreate the MV, which is not appealing because some of them are over 1GB in size. Hopefully a quick 'gen' script to create a series of ALTER INDEX REBUILD statements is all I'll need...

Thanks,

BD Received on Tue Jul 17 2007 - 17:49:49 CDT