Re: how to specify different Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g ports for each instance?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:31:40 -0700

On Jul 17, 8:32 am, Kuwerti <avanros..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have an oracle 10g server with two oracle instances (databases)
> installed on it.
> instance names SHOP1 and SHOP2
>
> The problem is that if I go to the enterprise manager
> (usinghttp://192.168.0.33:1158/em/) I ALWAYS get connected to
> databse SHOP1
>
> How can I change this?
> Do I have to ADD shop2 database and assign a different port-number?
>
> The portlist.ini file states the folowoing:
>
> iSQL*Plus HTTP port number =5560
> Enterprise Manager Console HTTP Port (SHOP1) = 1158
> Enterprise Manager Agent Port (SHOP1) = 3938
>
> Any help would be very appreciated.
> Regards,
> Anneke
> The Netherlands.

Well if you are running on a unix based system the value that is associated with the unix environment variable ORACLE_SID will control which instance you are operating on.

So you can set ORACLE_SID to a different value and then use emca to configure database control for it.

Yes you can have multiple database controls operating simultaneously as long as you manage them correctly. Set the ORACLE_SID each time before stopping and starting dbconsole ( emctl stop dbconsole ... emctl start dbconsole ). Received on Tue Jul 17 2007 - 13:31:40 CDT