Re: port allocation errors on Database 10g in Linux

From: John DeStefano <john.destefano_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:56:51 -0000

Hi Manjusha,

On Jul 17, 7:36 am, manjsuha <manjushaven..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just try the following commands.
> emca -reconfig ports -DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT 1820
> emca -reconfig ports -RMI_PORT 5520
> emca -reconfig ports -JMS_PORT 5521
>
> ~ Manjusha

All three of these commands fail with an error: "SEVERE: Database Control is not configured for this database."

I noticed that the $ORACLE_HOME/[hostname]_[SID] directory was not created.

When I use the DBCA to "Configure the Database with Enterprise Manager", I can select the check box, but "Management Service" is grayed out and shows "No Agents Found". The DBCA then stalls at 67% ("Completing Database Configuration"). When I check the emConfig.log, it shows the same "Failed to allocate port(s)" error as in my original message.

~John Received on Tue Jul 17 2007 - 08:56:51 CDT