Counting Transactions\User Logons

From: Jeff B <jbisch1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:41:47 -0700

Hello,

  Is it possible to count the total number of transactions from the time a database was started? Also, is it possible to count the total number of user logons since a database was started? Would this possibly need to be some kind of system level trigger that gets fired each time a user logs on, as well as each time a transaction is performed against the database? If so, can someone describe how to create a system level trigger?

  This would be for 10GR2 on a Windows 2003 Server, both 32 and 64 bit.

I have looked at v$session, v$resource_limit, v$transactions, and I am hard pressed to find a way to count every single occurrence of either one of these actions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time and your generosity,

Jeff Received on Mon Jul 16 2007 - 17:41:47 CDT