Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:25:50 -0700

On Jul 15, 3:58 pm, Mark Townsend <markbtowns..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > Here's the url with some good comments at the bottom ...
>
> >http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/881
>
> Well, if good means predictable, I agree with you. Howard and Noons like
> to complain, especially about new releases. Howard originally called 10g
> 'Oracle9i Release 3' - sound familiar at all ? It's a new release. Try
> it out, test it and see if you like it. Nobody is claiming that it cures
> cancer, however it does have a lot of new features designed, developed
> and documented by a bunch of very dedicated people. They deserve a few
> moments of glory. Why deny them that ?

Well, I've been watching Noons for a very long time, and I've said it before - if Noons is complaining about something, you'd be well advised to listen.

Databases are moving... no, have long ago moved, why do you think so many things only use 7.3 features?... into being commodities, glory isn't to be expected. Solidity, correctness, utility-like dependability is.

(Says the guy people blow off for complaining too much... and said 7.3 should have been 8... :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  "When I ran the Klan in California, I kicked
anyone out of the group that I found was wasting good paint. I have