Re: htp "301 Moved Permanently"

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:09:31 -0000

On Jul 16, 4:52 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 1:28 pm, maratho..._at_sina.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Is it possible to redirect a web page using htp? I want the web page
> > to send a "301 Moved Permanently" message.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Lei
>
> Someone else pointed out a built in function that apparently can be
> used.
>
> You can of course instead of invoking other oracle packaged
> functionality code the htp.p routine to build exactly the html that
> you can to use.
>
> Then you can code javascript or other functionality within the html
> that you are "spitting out" via htp.p to have the redirect work
> exactly that way that you want it to work.

I remember hearing the alleluia chorus when I first found out about it and started writing that stuff about eight years ago in the old OWS 3.0 version.

I typed htp.print('<html....blah blah...

so many times I think I saw it in my sleep. Really powerful though, especially at the time.

Regards,

Steve Received on Mon Jul 16 2007 - 17:09:31 CDT