Re: ODBC on unix

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:06:59 -0700

On Jul 15, 11:55 pm, Susan <susan..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I need to install a 3rd party app on a solaris server. One of the
> requirement from the app is to have ODBC driver installed. So I have
> Oracle client installed on the server including the "ODBC Driver"
> option and I can see the $ORACLE_HOME/odbc directory after the
> installation. Is that all I need to make a ODBC connection?
>
> I also found a unix ODBC driver inwww.unixodbc.org. Do I need that
> too?
>
> Thanks.

These questions appear to be answered on metalink Note:363686.1 and Note:363899.1

The unixodbc download is a manager, you need it too.

You might also check into using the Instant Client, look at the docs and downloads.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, just parroting what I've seen.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
'ginormous' is now in the dictionary