Re: port allocation errors on Database 10g in Linux

From: John DeStefano <john.destefano_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:22:29 -0000

Hi Daniel,

On Jul 16, 2:36 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Did you modify /etc/sysctl.conf according to Oracle's docs?

I had added all of those (except for ip_local_port_range, the ipv4 parameters were already there, plus one more: net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_source_route = 0) and did a "sysctl -p" to load the settings before install. So unless accept_source_route has some adverse effect, I think this was done correctly.

Thanks,
~John Received on Mon Jul 16 2007 - 14:22:29 CDT