Re: Single Sign On - Preventing duplicate logins

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:06:27 -0700

On Jul 16, 5:33 am, Lord0 <lo..._at_hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've inherited a java app which uses Oracle Single Sign On to manage
> authentication. The java app uses a bespoke method to determine
> whether or not a user is already logged in. This, I would have
> thought, would be something that Single Sign On can be configured to
> detect.
>
> So if a user has logged on and then the same user credentials
> (username/password) are used to logon from a different location/new
> browser window the Single Sign On Server would handle this somehow,
> for example by redirecting to a "You are already logged on" page
>
> Cheers
>
> Lord0

This appears to be a java rather than Oracle rdbms question. You would probably have better luck on a java board; however, you can limit how many sessions an Oracle username can have using the user profile feature of Oracle. See CREATE PROFILE and CREATE USER in the SQL manual and also see managing users in the DBA Administration manual for details.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Jul 16 2007 - 09:06:27 CDT