Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:03:33 -0700

Mark Townsend wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:

>> Here's the url with some good comments at the bottom ...
>>
>> http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/881
>>

> Well, if good means predictable, I agree with you. Howard and Noons like
> to complain, especially about new releases. Howard originally called 10g
> 'Oracle9i Release 3' - sound familiar at all ? It's a new release. Try
> it out, test it and see if you like it. Nobody is claiming that it cures
> cancer, however it does have a lot of new features designed, developed
> and documented by a bunch of very dedicated people. They deserve a few
> moments of glory. Why deny them that ?

Perhaps someone should write a book attempting to define when a software vendor is, and is not, allowed to increment an integer.

Likely will sell at least a dozen copies. <g>

Perhaps if you called it Oracle Database 1.11.1.0.6 everyone would be happy.

After all Sun has managed to keep version 2 going for a very long time.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington