Re: starting oracle with solaris project

From: <hume.spamfilter_at_bofh.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:00:58 +0000 (UTC)

In comp.unix.solaris DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Thanks ... helpful ... and now that I know it is part of Containers
> it takes me back to my original concern which was Oracle support and

They are related, but not bound together. You do not need to touch any form of container (zones) in order to make use of project resource controls. Running Oracle inside a zone is NOT the same as running it inside a project!

There are Metalink documents describing how to set up Oracle 10g using /etc/project for more dynamic shared memory limits. This avoids needing to set /etc/system and the foolishness of reboots between changes.

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/