Re: Minimizing backup induced downtime

From: Alexander Skwar <usenet_at_alexander.skwar.name>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 22:22:17 +0200

· Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>:

> Alexander Skwar wrote:

>> · Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>:

>>> Isn't it frustrating?
>>
>> What do you mean? Getting offered non realistic and impossible
>> to implement help?
>>
>> Alexander Skwar

> Not being able to change the app. I got the impression you
> are not excited with the current situation, either.

Oh, well, overall it's not that bad an application. It for sure has its week points - but isn't that a true statement for each and everything (excl. Oracle, of course? *g*).

I find the current situation in this newsgroup quite frustrating. I'm explaining the setup as good as I can - and what happens? Some big-headed guy comes around and shouts some nonsense like "Not neccessary with RMAN", even at points that have nothing to do with RMAN. You know, if people don't want to help and don't want to read and understand a scenario, then those people shut simply shut up, instead of trying to boss other people around.

> And *you* were wondering why some people tend to sound
> frustrated :) Thought I just point out the obvious.

;)

Alexander Skwar

--
<Ze0> so, how's everything in the world of Quack?
<LordHavoc> just ducky