Re: starting oracle with solaris project

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:10:02 -0700

John L wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1184428336.741636_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...

>> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>>> man project
>> That requires having Solaris which I not have access to in my lab.
>>
>> Surely there is some online documentation or mention on the web.
>>
>> And, again, do they relate do Solaris 10 containers? Is there some
>> reason no one can state what they are?
>
> Have a look at this Solaris blueprint about running Oracle in
> containers (and projects) which is on-topic for both newsgroups.
> http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0505/819-2679.pdf

Thanks ... helpful ... and now that I know it is part of Containers it takes me back to my original concern which was Oracle support and Oracle best practices: I wouldn't touch them and I wouldn't install an Oracle database using them at this time unless someone could guarantee Oracle support.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington