Re: Oralce-SQL Utility for pc for learning

From: The Boss <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:20:13 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>>
>> 2005 wrote:
>>
>> ^^^^ you are two years late!
>>
>> Download Oracle XE
>>
>> And, of course this reply does not end up in
>> comp.databases.ms-access, because access
>> is not a database.

Why shouldn't it be considered a database? I guess you meant to say it isn't a _relational_ database? In that case I would have to agree.
On the other hand, OP didn't ask for a database, but for a SQL Utility (whatever that might be).
I hope pointing him to Oracle XE doesn't imply you consider this as merely a SQL Utility? ... ;-)

> Certainly not according to Joe Celko and he's as good an expert on
> that one as you are likely to find.

Joe an expert on ms-access? Or on what is or isn't considered "a database"?

--
Jeroen