Re: command line vs grid control

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:34:32 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> Thanks for clearing that up, it's been a while since I've looked at
> it. Regardless, if you have a place with people that only know grid,
> might they place too much trust in what Oracle tells them to do and
> think things like "well, I wouldn't be a good DBA if I didn't apply
> the latest security patch..."?

There is probably far less danger giving them OEM Grid than giving them oracle (the UNIX user) and vi.

Essentially stupid people are dangerous and should be kept out of the data center. And then there are backups. <g> Because even the smartest people, after working 16 hours a day, make mistakes.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington