Re: Bind variables

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:29:30 -0700

On Jul 12, 12:28 pm, "astalavista" <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> > No, we do not need more information. The answer to his question is that
> > with 10046, level 12, bind variables will be in the trace file. This is
> > so ever since Oracle7. Unfortunately, tkprof doesn't format bind
> > variables, so he will have to read the raw trace file. The version is
> > important only if he's running Oracle 6 or lower versions.
>
> OK thanks I think I don't see bind variable
> because the query is running and
> I don't set the event before the query start
> am i right ?
> I only see wait event: db file sequential read
>
> My question was :
> is it possible to see bind variables of a running query ??
>
> Thanks

Oh, a _running_ query :-)

See http://www.oracleutilities.com/SQLPLus/oradebug.html http://www.evdbt.com/tools.htm#trclvl12

I believe what you will have to do is enable the trace from another session, then end the trace to actually have the variables written out to a file where you can look at them.

See metalink Note:45114.1 for an example of what Sybrand is talking about.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Someone will always have something better: http://www.thelocal.se/7869/20070712/