Re: Minimizing backup induced downtime

From: Alexander Skwar <usenet_at_alexander.skwar.name>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:03:54 +0200

ยท Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>:

> Sorry, I re-read your post, and you are correct, RMAN would not help
> much. It sounds like to you need to trash the app, though :)

Yep, I would like to trash the app. It is crapp, sometimes.

But please excuse me, but I won't suggest throwing away our PLM system. And even if I would, I highly doubt that "they" would heed my advice. After all, they already invested way too much money/time into it.

Some proposals just absolutely cannot be followed, sorry. At least not, if it's just to implement a "better" backup scenario.

Alexander Skwar

--
The odds of the tricycle running into the card table are directly influenced by two factors; the strength of the table's legs, and the value of any objects set upon it.
                -- Nancy's Law