Re: out soon from oracle 10g version 3 aka 11g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:56:07 -0700

markbtownsend_at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
>> Of course I read the above. Do you think I am an idiot? I was looking
>> for some better information.....something other than "before the end of
>> this quarter" which could be anytime between today and 2.5 months from
>> now. I was hoping that someone who is "in the know" might be able to
>> give some better answers.
>>

> Oracle's quarter ends August 31st.
>
> Any comments on the launch ?

I enjoyed it but as with previous launches ... often the things that I find most valuable in a new release are not even mentioned.

Releases cater to the industry press which, quite frankly, consists of people who couldn't write SELECT * FROM dual if they had to so it isn't a surprise.

Still it would be great to have a second release ... one the day 11g is downloadable on OTN focusing on some of the instantly usable new features such as the new way for using sequences.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington