Re: Bind variables

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:15:53 GMT

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:10:43 -0700, fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:

> Which release of Oracle is this? Report that information to 4 numbers.
> Also, is the PLAN_TABLE created with the current definition? We need
> more information than you've provided in order to even begin answering
> your question.

No, we do not need more information. The answer to his question is that with 10046, level 12, bind variables will be in the trace file. This is so ever since Oracle7. Unfortunately, tkprof doesn't format bind variables, so he will have to read the raw trace file. The version is important only if he's running Oracle 6 or lower versions.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com