Re: query doesn't execute as expected

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:34:39 -0700

On Jul 11, 4:42 pm, Ben <bal..._at_comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 4:12 pm, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I did notice on metalink bug? # 5946782, that mentions bind variable
> > > datatypes not working in explain plans, I made a seperate post
> > > addressing that on here, but no one replied. With that does that mean
> > > that the advisor doesn't 'advise' correctly when it comes to bind
> > > variables?
>
> > Be careful using the Advisor - that is an additional cost item, even
> > though it is installed by default, even on the Standard Edition - if
> > you use it, you must buy it.
>
> > More than likely, the Advisor is showing you the actual execution
> > plan, which might be in one of the views shown by this SQL statement:
> > SELECT
> > OBJECT_NAME
> > FROM
> > DBA_OBJECTS
> > WHERE
> > OBJECT_NAME LIKE '%PLAN%'
> > AND OWNER='SYS'
> > ORDER BY
> > OBJECT_NAME;
>
> > Note: querying from the "wrong" view may require the purchase of the
> > same extra cost license. You may want to check the definitions of
> > those views before querying.
>
> > Charles Hooper
> > IT Manager/Oracle DBA
> > K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.
>
> The same advisor that is setup to run every night by default??

Google search:
  Oracle SQL tuning advisor license

Second hit:
  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oem/pdf/ds_db_tp.pdf

It you have not had a chance to log into Grid Control or Database Control as SYSMAN, you might want to do so in order to disable the unlicensed features.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Wed Jul 11 2007 - 16:34:39 CDT