Re: exp and archive available.... recover table

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:26:19 +0200

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:52:09 +0200, Alexander Skwar <alexander_at_skwar.name> wrote:

>> Having to create a new database to restore data from an .dmp
>> file proves that exp is not a backup.
>
>Why is it not a backup? The recreated database contains then all
>the data which has been imported - and that is all the data that
>has been EXPorted at some certain time, isn't it?
>
>Alexander Skwar

Sorry to ask, but are you unable to read or are you just too stupid to understand exp is essentially a series of INSERT statements, and NOT a *physical* backup (if you don't understand the difference between 'physical' and 'logical' please look up those words in a dictionary), and you will *LOOSE* (I repeat L O O S E) ALL (I repeat A L L) Transactions made after your export?