Timestamp Fractional Seconds

From: geoff <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:26:05 GMT

I have an application that executes a select statement against a table where one of the columns is a timestamp and read the bytes returned by the OCI rather than use the time/date functions.

I suppose this is legal since the memory layout is described here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14250/oci03typ.htm#CEGGCDCF

. . . however, they want the fractional seconds also and that layout is not described other than it is 4 bytes. When I tried a select statement, the fractional seconds were returned in reverse byte order. Is this just a window thing or does Oracle do that?

Thanks.

--g Received on Wed Jul 11 2007 - 16:26:05 CDT